What is the Kansas chapter & section statute for landlord "double dipping" on an apartment room?

I have paid in full, for a year, a room to a private residential hall in Kansas. I have since then moved out, and gave appropriate notice to terminate my contract. Someone else transferred from their room in the same residential hall to my room, it this illegal? It would be appreciated if I was given the chapter and section to the Kansas statute regarding this situation.
Asked Dec 14, 2016

TIP: If it's not your answer to this question, please click "Leave a Comment" button under the question to communicate with the question owner.