Can I be deported because of my criminal record?

Yes. If you are not a Canadian citizen, you can be removed from Canada for having a criminal record.

Permanent residents may be deported if they are convicted of a serious offence in Canada. It is important to apply for your pardon/record suspension as soon as possible. It is also advisable to contact an immigration lawyer to discuss how the charge will affect your status as a permanent resident.
Anonymous User
Anonymous User
Asked Dec 24, 2014

TIP: If it's not your answer to this question, please click "Leave a Comment" button under the question to communicate with the question owner.