How can I access medical records from 1972 when the doctor is deceased?

I was diagnosed with gout in the 1970's. I'm going through a Social Security hearing and have no proof of the diagnosis, as I have been self medicating since 1972. I have the Doctor's name and city of practice. Is there anything I can do to get these records?
Asked Dec 24, 2014

TIP: If it's not your answer to this question, please click "Leave a Comment" button under the question to communicate with the question owner.