Can you get an f-1 visa only if if you want to get an associates degree?

I have a friend who's 35 and wants to become a RN by applying to a nursing program in America.
The problem is she's required to complete some some pre reqs. She's worried that she'd have to complete the pre reqs in India and then apply for nursing program. Is it possible to complete your pre reqs in America and get an F-1 visa? If yes, can anyone tell me how?
Asked Dec 03, 2013

TIP: If it's not your answer to this question, please click "Leave a Comment" button under the question to communicate with the question owner.