Collection Agency

I'm a college student and I have money I owed my old apartments, it was put into collections about a month ago. I called collections and they don't have a record/my account isn't activate yet, so she said she would do a rush order and call me back within a week or two so I can pay off my $260. I don't know what is the safest method of paying them, so any suggestions. My credit card is in my name, but my dad is the one who pays it off, I feel like he'll be mad at me or hate me when he sees that on the bill. Should I just make my own bank account and put $300 on a debit card and pay them that way? What should I do?

Also I hope my credit rating didn't go down or is ruined. : (
Anonymous User
Anonymous User
Asked Oct 14, 2013

TIP: If it's not your answer to this question, please click "Leave a Comment" button under the question to communicate with the question owner.