Texas bonded title and temporary registration?

I recently bought a Ford F-150 from a friend. He bought it from someone else. my friend signed the back of the title but did not go to the tax office to register it in his name. I have the truck now and want to put it in my name and complete the registration.

However my friend does not know how to get ahold of the first owner, which means I have to do a bonded title.

I called the tax office and they said I can go in and get a temporary registration tag and then contact a title bonding company.

My question is
*How much does it cost to get a temporary registration until the Bonded Title has been completed in the State of Texas, and how much it costs for a bonded title and how long does the procces go on for?

Is there any other way around this stuff also?
Asked Oct 09, 2013

TIP: If it's not your answer to this question, please click "Leave a Comment" button under the question to communicate with the question owner.