What are the licenses and permits required to start a catering business from home in california?

I wish to start a catering business in California. I will make and sell Indian food from my home. Is that allowed? What licenses and permits do I require?
Asked May 20, 2013
You will be dealing with zoning issues, tax issues and health issues. Some are controlled by the local government and some by the state. Contact the California Board of Equalization and they will help you through the process.

Answered May 21, 2013

TIP: If it's not your answer to this question, please click "Leave a Comment" button under the question to communicate with the question owner.