How to file a child on tax returns

Okay so I was just wondering if I can file my child only on a tax return. I am married and did not have any income for 2012 with no w2s or anything. So is there a way to file just my child to get a tax return if that is even possible.
Asked Feb 01, 2013
You can include your child on your tax return as a dependent if you contributed more than half of the child's support. If that is true and you had no income, you may qualify for an Earned Income Credit (EIC). Only one person can claim the child on their return however.

IRS info on EIC:,-Earned-Income-Tax-Credit,-Questions-and-Answers
Answered Feb 01, 2013

TIP: If it's not your answer to this question, please click "Leave a Comment" button under the question to communicate with the question owner.