Do I report a body shop for crashing my vehicle into another car/wall?

Local body shop backed my car into a wall or another vehicle, they will not verify. Claims agent said I can not file a claim due to no documentation by the repair shop. Do I report it to the police? Is the claims agent lying?
Asked Jan 09, 2013
Some police departments don't do reports on accidents that happen on private property. They consider that a civil matter. Call the non-emergency number for the department in the jurisdiction where the accident happened and ask.

If you want to pursue the issue, have a local lawyer look at it. Claims agents often talk differently to a lawyer than they would to you. The key will be proving the damage didn't exist when the vehicle was taken to the shop.
Answered Jan 09, 2013

TIP: If it's not your answer to this question, please click "Leave a Comment" button under the question to communicate with the question owner.