Can I get a passport with a criminal record?

Asked Nov 14, 2012
It depends on the rules of the country you're traveling to. You have to contact a consular office in the host country. Locate that office at the link below:

Answered Nov 14, 2012
In Canada, you shouldn't have a problem with applying for a passport if all offences have all been completed in full. For example, if you are awaiting court, completing sentences, or on parole, you may have a harder time getting your passport approved. If you do have a criminal record though, you need to keep in mind that even if you receive a passport in Canada, this does not mean that you will be able to travel to other countries. For example, the US does not permit individuals with criminal records to enter their country without proper documentation; ie. A Travel Waiver, or Waiver of Inadmissibility. If you do have a criminal record, apply for both your passport and and your travel waiver, so that you will not have this problem when travelling to the US:
Answered Nov 16, 2012
You will get u a passport depending on u have filled the form in right they can't deny u that but it when u apply for a visa some countries are really ardent about criminal records I.e Australia and USA and Japan if u need to get a visa first ask the embassy first
Answered Jan 12, 2013

TIP: If it's not your answer to this question, please click "Leave a Comment" button under the question to communicate with the question owner.