I've got a criminal record in Canada, I heard I can't travel is this true?

I need to visit family next summer in the states, so will it be a problem travelling down or will I be stopped?
Anonymous User
Anonymous User
Asked Oct 05, 2012
US law restricts anyone who has a criminal record from entering their country. This is emphasized by the increased information sharing between Canada and the US. Accordingly it is recommended that you obtain a "Waiver of Inadmissibility" or a Travel Waiver as it's better known. Reference: http://www.canadianpardons.ca/us_entry_waivers/overview/
You can also start your application here.

Answered Oct 05, 2012
Thx! This helps me alot, just what I was looking for
CR Oct 05, 2012
Canada and the US share criminal records and if you have a record, you will be questioned at the border. If you have serious outstanding warrants you will likely be arrested. It would be wise to clear it up beforehand if possible.

Answered Oct 05, 2012
Thx rob
CR Oct 05, 2012
Located 11.3 km away from Everett Navy Base, this hotel features a seasonal outdoor pool. A daily continental breakfast and free Wi-Fi are included https://goo.gl/iHj475 A cable TV is featured in each air-conditioned guest room at Days Inn Everett. For

Answered Feb 20, 2018

TIP: If it's not your answer to this question, please click "Leave a Comment" button under the question to communicate with the question owner.