Can I draw ssi from my dead husband if I am remarried at age 60

can you draw ssi if you are married from your dead husbands ss at age 60
Asked Sep 25, 2012
Ask the Social Security People. They are very willing to help:
Answered Sep 25, 2012
No, according to:

"A person can receive benefits as a divorced spouse on a former spouse’s Social Security record if he or she:
- Was married to the former spouse for at least 10 years;
- Is at least age 62 years old;
- Is unmarried; and
- Is not entitled to a higher Social Security benefit on his or her own record."

If I were you, I'd still call to make sure their web info is current and correct:
"If you would like to receive an estimate of benefits you may receive as a divorced spouse or a surviving divorced spouse, you may contact our representatives at our toll-free number, 1-800-772-1213."
Answered Sep 25, 2012
Edited Sep 25, 2012

TIP: If it's not your answer to this question, please click "Leave a Comment" button under the question to communicate with the question owner.