I didnt file in 2000 I would hv received a refund. I m filing my 2011 will irs take my refund?

Asked Mar 13, 2012
Edited Mar 13, 2012
They can file a substitute return for you and add penalties and interest to that so, if they think you owe money for the earlier return, they can hold your refund. The sensible thing to do is file the earlier return also.

Answered Mar 13, 2012

TIP: If it's not your answer to this question, please click "Leave a Comment" button under the question to communicate with the question owner.