I am Bangladeshi can I get Indian nationality.I want to stray in India permanently.

Asked Nov 27, 2011
India's Immigration web site:

Answered Nov 27, 2011
the first thing you need to do is to get her to apply for an X visa with the indian department of immigration. this visa allows her to enter into the country and stay for 180 days and also allows for her to get a legal visa extension upon showing the marriage certificate once you are married. for further information about that http://hurtadolawfirm.com/

in order for you to be wed, you will both need to be at least 21 years old and have a written statement from your parents that they have counseled you on marriage. if you are over the age of 25, then you do not need this letter from your parents.

she will need to have a "letter of no impediment to marriage" which she must obtain from the filipino embassy either in india after she gets there or in the philippines before she goes. she will also need to have her passport of course, birth certificate and several passport sized photos, I would recommend at least 4. a recent health examimnation as well.

you take all of this information to the registrar's office where you live along with your own proof of address and apply for an intent to marry. it will take some time and some funds to get this all done but you can do it if you perservre.
Answered Dec 23, 2012

TIP: If it's not your answer to this question, please click "Leave a Comment" button under the question to communicate with the question owner.