My wife and I were wondering about an old penciled piece of art we have.

We have a penciled piece or art that apparently is old, there is no noted date. We hadn't opened the frame to search. The signiture is partially hidden by the frame and is hard to read, it's in cursive. It appears to read: C. Yatuy or Yatuj. There are 2 pieces, both of a country side, small farm house and tattered windmill. They are detailed and it appears that the drawing was made by using a pencil and short lines. Are you familiar with this type of art?
Anonymous User
Anonymous User
Asked Jul 19, 2011
That genre of art is called line drawing, but I'm not familiar with the artist. Like you mentioned, maybe there's more information on the back of the piece or under the frame/mat, but do be careful handling it. Maybe a dealer or gallery or area museum curator could help you determine more about the artist and value.
Answered Jul 19, 2011

TIP: If it's not your answer to this question, please click "Leave a Comment" button under the question to communicate with the question owner.