Requesting help for school clothes and christmas help for my six grandchildren?

i am a fifty-nine year old grandmother of six of my grandchildren. I had to move my grandchildren from a domestic violence situation and I am disabled and do not have income I have three who will be attending high school for the first time and three third graders I refuse to have them placed in foster-care as long as god gives me the strengh to care for them but it seem that I can not get assistance because of the fact that I am a family member. I am not a person who will not do every humanly possible to take care of them but I find that I do need some assistant. I have been having sleepless nights worrying about the future needs, such school clothes, supplies and giving them a beautiful christmas. they have been through and now I want them to know that everything will be alright . I just need some assistant.
Asked Jun 22, 2010
Go to churches in your community. Some have a "giving tree", whereby members of their congregation take a paper ornament (keeping you and your grandchildren anomonous) with a gift idea for that child. A gift is purchased, wrapped, and delivered to your family. Many Department stores, such as Walmart, have done this too.

You will have to get your information to whom ever is coordinating it, soon, so you might start inquiring now. You are not alone in needing this type of assistance. The church I belong to has a giving tree for families local to our community. We also provide food assistance, with a food pantry housed in our church. You should be able to find some local resources, if you look for them.

The gifts received, may not be extravagent--but it may help with some basic needs. However, you may be surprised by the generosity of strangers!

Answered Oct 10, 2010
You are in trouble. But don't worry Jesus will show some path.
Answered Dec 06, 2011

TIP: If it's not your answer to this question, please click "Leave a Comment" button under the question to communicate with the question owner.