When you appeal a sentence can it be extended?

If you appeal a sentence that was given to you for violation of probation, can the judge decide to extend your original sentence instead of shortening it???
Asked May 24, 2010

TIP: If it's not your answer to this question, please click "Leave a Comment" button under the question to communicate with the question owner.