Can I ask the assistant DA to change the plea bargain before accepting

I recieved a plea bargain for a DUI. It was brought down to a DWAI and I like the agreement but I would like to change the supervised probation to unsupervised.
Is it Ok to ask the DA to bargain with me. Will I do better if I provide good reasons like the fact that I live out of the country, and don't ever drive unless I'm in the States.
This offense took place in Colorado.
Asked Jan 31, 2010
i think that lieing to the DA about only driving in the states will be a very bad decision for u. im in the court system myself and have been for a long time now for a few different reasons. I think dropping it to a DWAI was good of the DA to do for u. I think that having your attorney explain to the DA about u living out of the country and would need to transfer u to a probation officer that would be great and most of the time if u dont get in any more trouble all u would have to do is call ur PO and check in but making excuses for something u are clearly in the wrong about will only lead to worse punishment
Answered Mar 07, 2010
Edited Mar 07, 2010

TIP: If it's not your answer to this question, please click "Leave a Comment" button under the question to communicate with the question owner.