Military tax

My husband is active duty in IL. I live and work in TN with our two children. Ive heard that IL doesnt tax military but my husband says that they tax from the state which you are from. I just want to know the best way we should do our taxes. Seperate or joint? And whether it will be IL tax or TN?
Asked Jan 20, 2010

TIP: If it's not your answer to this question, please click "Leave a Comment" button under the question to communicate with the question owner.