I co-signed for someone who has claimed bankruptcy. What will happen to me?

I am a widow who's disabled and live on social security. I cosigned for my son in law a piece of equipment on a lease that is non-cancelable. He is filing bankruptcy. As a co-signer what courses of action can I take? I have a home and a car. I am worried about losing my home. What can I do?
Anonymous User
Anonymous User
Asked Jan 11, 2010
I would suggest that you will see for an bankruptcy expert in your issue so that you will know what will affect to you.
Answered Nov 11, 2013
yes probably, as a co-signer you are also obliged for that. Just ask for help with the experts for the best way on solving your problem.
Answered Aug 19, 2014
Yah!, You should find a Bankruptcy Experts Financial Advice, But it depend in where your country from, each country have different bankruptcy law.
Answered Aug 20, 2014
Edited Aug 20, 2014
Yep , must aware and knowledge about bankruptcy ,then ask some advice.
Answered Sep 30, 2014
Definitely your right guys, in every state has different laws. Ask your Financial adviser for a professional advices.
Answered Sep 30, 2014
Yes , true ..,I can suggest you to brows this
website:http://www.bankruptcyexpertsbrisbane.com.au/ ,the ask your attorney for advice.
Answered Oct 02, 2014
I suggest you to ask experts advices.
Answered Nov 29, 2014
As a co-signer means you are involve in someones bankruptcy.
Answered Jan 16, 2015

TIP: If it's not your answer to this question, please click "Leave a Comment" button under the question to communicate with the question owner.