Two job offers, don't know which one to take, or do? Please help.

I am looking for a little advice. I have two job offers within the same state for law enforcement jobs. I am currently a certified county Jail Officer and have been here for about 19 months. I have a masters degree and got offered a firm job offer at a federal corrections facility. This would stat in August, I would want to take this to stop my federal law enforcement clock (which has a limit of the age of 37) to get hired somewhere. I also just got a conditional offer from the state patrol and this is the ultimate goal of getting into law enforcement. I would not start until late September. I guess my question is should I put my two weeks in where I am and take the federal job? Or, should I just stay where I am now and wait to see if I get a firm job offer from the state patrol? What makes this decision hard is I like my job now, but the people I work with has gotten to me and I would like to move on to another agency. The federal corrections job starts in Late August, and I would not get an answer to a firm job offer from the state patrol until the middle of September. I honestly don't know what I should do. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
packer096
Asked Jul 18, 2016

TIP: If it's not your answer to this question, please click "Leave a Comment" button under the question to communicate with the question owner.

Categories