Can a parent legally withhold a child's money when a parent dies?

My father died when I was 8. The government sends us money because of it. When I turned 18, 500 of the money legally belonged to me. My mother is threatening to withhold it from me for no apparent reason. Is this legal/allowed? If not, what can I do to get my money wired directly to me?
Asked Mar 10, 2016
only if its clearly written in the will that you get it when your 18 no questions asked, honestly look at the will. but it sounds like you need a lawyer.
Answered Apr 21, 2016

TIP: If it's not your answer to this question, please click "Leave a Comment" button under the question to communicate with the question owner.