Can I not report my income on my taxes then make an amended return later?

if I file jointly with my husband but I do not report some of my income (one job and gambling winnings) the result is a high number around 2000 dollars....i want to file my return like that and collect the money then after that file an amended return with the rest of my income. I realize I would be owing a little bit of money, but would that work that way? or does the irs already know what I made and owe and will they take that out of the returned that I will have already filed????

pretty much I need the money, then after that i'm willing to pay back the irs either in payments or my next years taxes to cover it.

has anyone done this or know the outcome of doing it this way?
Asked Jan 30, 2015

TIP: If it's not your answer to this question, please click "Leave a Comment" button under the question to communicate with the question owner.