If I was charged and convicted when I was a youth, does it appear on my adult record?

It depends. If you were convicted under the Young Offenders Act, your record should be removed after the requisite waiting periods have expired. If you were convicted under a prior Act, your record will probably still be on file with the RCMP and the local police agency.

If you acquire adult convictions before your youth records are removed, your adult record will be ‘locked in’ to your youth records permanently until you apply and receive a pardon.
Anonymous User
Anonymous User
Asked Dec 29, 2014

TIP: If it's not your answer to this question, please click "Leave a Comment" button under the question to communicate with the question owner.