How do I get Hawaii BAH in the Army?

I am a single E-5 at Schofield Barracks, Hawaii, who just got divorced. I have about 25% custody of my son. I was authorized to live off post until divorced. Now I am forced to live in the barracks until I make E-6 or get married again. I have been getting a series of mixed answers regarding this. Some say 51% custody is needed. I cannot find this anywhere in regulations or pamphlets for my station. (I did find it for Korea so please do not respond with that link) Where are the exact regulations regarding How I can get back off base so that I can exercise custody of my son? I know that it was possible to extend my BAH until the end of my lease from previous marriage, but that was shot down at the company level. Should I proceed with a plee to the garrison commander for an exception to policy, or is there a regulation or DA pamplet that outlines my situation? Please provide links to actual regulations or pamphlets with an approximate location within if possible.
Asked Oct 23, 2014

TIP: If it's not your answer to this question, please click "Leave a Comment" button under the question to communicate with the question owner.