Is it possible to travel to UK with a visit visa then apply for a spouse or join family visa?

I am a British born national and I am currently living in Pakistan and married here. I would like to move permanently to the UK with my husband but am finding it hard to find a way that doesn't include us being apart for 6 or more months. if we registered our marriage in UK first then both traveled to UK (me with British passport and husband with a visit visa) could my husband apply for a spouse or join family visa after the 6 months are over?
Asked Mar 31, 2014
In case you need appropriate suggestion on this problem of yours then I think you should directly get in touch with a well-renowned agency offering help for spouse visa UK in your city itself. They will be the best people in providing you guidance on the same.
Answered Aug 02, 2014
Edited Aug 02, 2014
Family members of British citizens and settled persons are eligible to visit or remain in the UK.
Children (under the age of 18) of British citizens, settled persons, and persons who have been given permission to settle in the UK are eligible for a visa. They may apply for a temporary visa using application form VAF4. Once in the UK, they may apply for British settlement (Indefinite Leave to Remain) and eventually citizenship. Else, you can take the help of Visa Simple. They provide bespoke service to those who are seeking permanently immigration in the UK.
Answered May 02, 2016
If you are a British National, you are eligible to apply for spouse visa. Check out your eligibility criteria with the following points. You can apply for spouse visa if your are-

* A husband, wife or civil partner of a British national or person already settled in the UK?
* Looking to bring any dependants along with your partner to the UK?
Answered Nov 07, 2016
Better to ask or visit the UK government site or any third party sites like this one to know more reliable information.
Answered Feb 01, 2018
Seek advice from a professional consultant or immigration lawyer about your question, they can give you a detailed info at I hope this can help you.
Answered Feb 02, 2018
Yes, It is possible to travel on a UK visa and apply for a spouse visa or join a family visa.

With over 13 years of experience, Admonz has served over 10,000 clients in fulfilling their dream of settling abroad. We offer a full range of Immigration services.

✅ Study Visa
✅ Travel Visa
✅ PR Visa
✅ Work Visa
✅ Spouse Visa
✅ Business Visa
✅ Family Visa

Admonz is one of the best immigration consultants in Punjab. Get 100% results with Admonz visa consultancy to make your career abroad.

Contact now at +91 950 111 0075 or visit our website
Answered Mar 09, 2022

TIP: If it's not your answer to this question, please click "Leave a Comment" button under the question to communicate with the question owner.