1099 misc. advise

I have a Small Business, sole proprietorship – Home remodeling.
I hired a guy to do some work for me as a sub contractor.
When I tried to send him the 1099 miscellaneous form, his address and EIN was fake.
His work cost me $5,000 and I paid him with checks.
How do I deal with this issue ?
Do I have to pay the taxes over that amount as if it was an earned income even though it was a business expense ?
Asked Mar 12, 2014

TIP: If it's not your answer to this question, please click "Leave a Comment" button under the question to communicate with the question owner.