If physiotherapy doesnt work, what other options are there?

Basically when I was 15 I had consumed too much alcohol and jumped out my friends bedroom window (2nd floor of upstairs home) I hurt my ankle but just thought I had badly twisted it....... I could not walk on it for about 6 weeks and even after that it was painful but silly me didnt get it checked out! Im here 3 years later having great problems ( clicks in and out of place then swells so I cant walk on it until it clicks back into place) this happens maybe 2/3 times per week. Around 4 1/2 months ago I had it checked by local gp she thought I was stupid for not coming in earlier but she suspected that id fractured it in more than one place and it clearly hadnt knitted back together so she sent me then to a walk in centre for an x ray which confirmed id fractured it in 2 places. I was then told to seek physiotherapy around 2 months ago and im still having great problems, it seems the physiotherapy has done absolutely nothing to help! What may happen next ? May an operation be needed
Asked Jun 28, 2013
First of all you must decide that physiotherapy is helping you. Your mind is your medicine. In physical therapy are usually strengthening ligaments and muscles so that the bone gets stronger foothold. It is best if you are doing exercises for strengthen at home too, so that the results come sooner (don't overdo it). Second, operation might not also be the worst option because these fracture-if they are incorrect overgrown, will only be once more broken, that they will overgrow correct.. I have problems with ankles since I fell down the stairs when I was 6 years old and I twisted both of them. My ligaments are weak even if I am training, I don't pay attention to the exercises the doctor gave me. Last year I stepped a little wrong during the training and the bone in ankle cracked. I was resting for 2 weeks and then I started with exercises. It relly helped much. Hope you will be ok and don't worry too much, take care.
Answered Jul 16, 2013
Thanks very much for the help and yes, the way the bones in my ankle have grown back is wrong according to my doctor! So god knows what will happen?
AnnaMc Aug 28, 2013
You need to start from zero with a good orthopedic surgeon.
Answered Aug 28, 2013
what do you mean from zero?
AnnaMc Aug 29, 2013
I suggest you to try some other physiotherapy clinic with qualified physiotherapist.

Visit: http://www.newhopephysio.com/
Answered Dec 07, 2016
Back Spasm Advice provides full information for different types of back spasm, back pain, neck pain, middle and upper back spasm, etc. along with their sysmptoms, causes and treatment to prevent back spasm issues.
Answered Jun 30, 2017
Think Physiotherapy is a Physiotherapy Clinic in Surrey.we offer a variety of services, including physiotherapy, rehabilitation, and massage therapy. Their team of highly skilled professionals strives to help each patient reach their fullest potential. If you're looking for quality care, look no further than Think Physiotherapy! Call (604)-372-4601

visit :https://www.thinkphysiotherapy.ca/
Answered Mar 01, 2023

TIP: If it's not your answer to this question, please click "Leave a Comment" button under the question to communicate with the question owner.