Medicaid and unwanted Child Support

If you are on Medicaid, and become pregnant, the father of your child is still married but separated and you are still together but not living together, Does Medicaid have to take him for child support even if u do not want them to?
Asked Nov 22, 2012
Edited Nov 22, 2012
Child support and Medicaid are two different things. Medicaid is health care for people that can't afford to pay for their own and it's provided by the taxpayers. Child support is lover boy's share of the cost of raising HIS child. It pays his share of formula, diapers, clothing, food and shelter until the child is capable of taking care of him/her self. Medicaid has nothing to do child support, it is enforced by the court system.

A real man wants to care for his children and, as a mother, you should want your baby to be taken care of in the best way possible. To allow this guy to get off the hook, you are putting his interests ahead of your child. That is very foolish on your part. Make sure his name goes on the birth certificate and once your baby is born, sign him up to support HIS child. There's a responsibility to having children that goes far beyond donating sperm.

Answered Nov 23, 2012
Edited Nov 23, 2012

TIP: If it's not your answer to this question, please click "Leave a Comment" button under the question to communicate with the question owner.