My wife was awarded unemployment payments then died. how can I access those funds on the debit card.

My wifes claim was appealed and she lost. Some money was put into the debit account. It is an overpayment and EDD wants it back. She did not tell me the PIN so I have no access to the account to give the money back. She has died and EDD will not give me a PIN for the joint account. What can I do or who can I talk to?
Thank you

Asked Oct 23, 2012
Behind every debit card there is a bank with real people working there. Take your photo ID and a copy of her death certificate to that bank. If it is a joint account, and your name is on it, they will give you access unless the account has been frozen for some reason.
Answered Oct 23, 2012

TIP: If it's not your answer to this question, please click "Leave a Comment" button under the question to communicate with the question owner.