Employment work related injury

yes can I be terminated from my employer while under doctors care for a work related injury have stress fracture to right foot and can not work due to injury . had an doctors appointment today and go back for another appt march 6th 2012. still under doctors care,is this legal .do I have a case.
Asked Feb 21, 2012
From the web site link at the bottom:

"Most states have laws that make it illegal to fire an employee solely because the employee has suffered a workplace injury and made a claim. However, an employee may be fired if the injury makes the employee unable to complete the employee’s essential job responsibilities.

The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requires that an employer make reasonable accommodations before firing an employee. For example, the employer may have to create a modified work schedule, provide modified equipment, or restructure the job to meet the needs created by the injury. Most often, employers will make these accommodations if they can be done for a reasonable cost and if the employee only suffers a temporary disability."

Answered Feb 21, 2012
If you haven't already, definitely talk to someone about workers' compensation. There are strict deadlines for filing claims, so if you haven't, do that quickly.
Answered Feb 22, 2012
The employer in whose employment the claimant suffered the injury is obliged to pay all the first week compensation to which the claimant is entitled. This means that if the claimant had more than one job, and suffered a loss of earnings in all their jobs in the first week, the employer in whose employment the claimant suffered the injury will be responsible to pay all of the first week compensation.
Answered Feb 25, 2014

TIP: If it's not your answer to this question, please click "Leave a Comment" button under the question to communicate with the question owner.