Can I take my mother to court for child support?

when I was younger I wasn't living with my mother on a continuous basis. I lived with my grandmother, my aunts, my god mother, and people from my church. when I finally moved back in with my mother she told me I needed to be able to take care of myself I was 14 years old. (i started doing hair to provide for myself braidinmg, etc) when I was 16 I started working, and maintained a job until I moved 7 days after my 18th birthday. I have lived on my own, and just recently found out that she is receiving child support for me still and i'm 23. I want whats mine. seeing that I supported myself all these years. I don't want the back things that she has collected I just want what she is getting now. (and she has a problem with that)
Asked Nov 02, 2011
You definitely need professional advice. Call the agency that administers child support in your area. Seek legal advice. If you are in USA most local bar associations can connect you to an attorney who will provide a low-cost or free initial consult. A friend recommended a low-cost legal service but I can't remember their name. I'll ask. Seems like this is fraud at least?
Answered Nov 02, 2011
Thanks! I spoke with someone they said take her to court, and he told I have a more than great chance of winning the case!
Good luck with that.

TIP: If it's not your answer to this question, please click "Leave a Comment" button under the question to communicate with the question owner.