Is it possible to transfer an exisiting customized car plate to another car?

I have a customized car plate for my old car, now I want to sell this car and buy a new one, but I would like to keep my current car plate and use it on my new car. Is this kind of transfer allowed in California?
Anonymous User
Anonymous User
Asked Oct 17, 2010
Cal DMV:

"Complete a Special Interest License Plate Application (PDF) indicating that you want to reassign the plates to another vehicle, hold the plates for future use, or release interest in the plates. If retaining the plates for future use, most plate programs require an annual retention fee. The retention fees vary by type of plate and are listed on the second page of the application. Failure to pay this annual fee will result in cancellation of the plate and possible reassignment of the configuration"
Answered Oct 18, 2010
Yes it is possible to transfer an exisiting customized car plate to another car. Contact for more information.....
Answered Mar 21, 2014
No, it is bad. You will be punished may be arrested. The number plate can not transferable to another car. This is the example of cheating.
Answered Oct 24, 2015
M & R Parts Ltd. is specializes in the selling and distribution of high quality Engine Parts. Our products include Piston Ring, Main & Big End Bearing, Oil Pump, Crankshaft, Crankshaft Pulley, Piston, Full Gasket Set, etc. In order to provide our quality and reliable service, we work only with the ISO 9001:9002 approved & good reputation manufacturers.
Answered Jun 02, 2016
Hey there friends if you are looking for first-class service, you have come to the right place! Wrench Works is your
local auto and diesel DEQ repair facility, with over 95 years of experience, operating out of Brush Prairie
Answered Aug 04, 2016

TIP: If it's not your answer to this question, please click "Leave a Comment" button under the question to communicate with the question owner.