IVA taxes - foriegner US citizen

I own a condo in italy. Recently there was renovation work done. Do I need to pay IVA taxes on this renovation work since I pay taxes in the US and I do not reside in Italy. This is a vacation condo that I use 1-2 times a year for 2 weeks max. Also I pay a monthly maintenance fee. Do I also need to pay IVA taxes on this also? Is it possible that I have to pay taxes in Italy and in the US?
Asked May 10, 2010
The term IVA/VAT is not used in the US, but it similar to the State Sales Tax. I don't think you need to pay it in the US for a condo renovation in Italy, since the sales tax is under a territorial principle and it varies from state to state (range from 0%-13%)
Answered May 10, 2010
Most importantly, do I need to pay the IVA/VAT tax for the renovation in Italy since I am a US citizen. I do not do my income taxes in Italy.

TIP: If it's not your answer to this question, please click "Leave a Comment" button under the question to communicate with the question owner.