Getting rid of mold?

My husband and I are moving into a new apartment in a few weeks. Our current place has mold absolutely everywhere. We live in a single wide mobile home currently and all of the exterior walls have mold on them. I was told that when we go to unpack everything to clean everything, we would have cleaned things before packing stuff if we had known of the risk of spreading the mold. We also have 3 cats in our home and would like something that will not be harmful to them as well as ourselves. Please any suggestions will be greatly appreciative.
cblair0620
Asked Mar 04, 2010
Edited Mar 04, 2010
Judging by the amount of mold you claim to have, I HIGHLY advise you have it removed professionally. If you miss even a little mold, it can easily just expand from what you missed. Granted even if properly removed entirely, you can still get mold, however it's much easier for mold to expand from mold that is already there as opposed to just growing on its own. Point is, call a professional.
Oni_Kami
Answered Mar 05, 2010
Here's a healthy alternative: check out the remarkable research on toxic mold removal done by environmental expert Dr Ed Close. Simply diffusing a therapeutic-grade essential oil regularly will likely result in an environment very hostile to mold, not to mention the health benefits, long-term protection, and simply making your home smell great. You might also consider using the Thieves Household Cleaner that Dr Close suggests for his remediation clients.
Cost of the cleaner, a diffuser and a couple bottles of the Thieves oil might cost about $250.
http://www.secretofthieves.com/mold.cfm/79544
toxicmoldtruth
Answered Mar 18, 2010
Mold is a common occurrence in households and is much more prevalent that you would think. We all recognize mold when it attaches itself to leftover foods in our refrigerator or develops on fruits or cheese very quickly if they are not eaten right away. These molds are easily disposed of and we don’t think much about it, but there are other types of mold that can be serious health risks and getting rid of this mold is much harder.

Read More: mold elimination,
http://www.gettingridofmold.com/
fixedmortgagera
Answered May 24, 2010
A dehumidifier can make a big difference, keep the humidity around 20-30% and use Lysol spray or wet wipes (the disinfecting ones).
Derpatron
Answered Jan 13, 2014

TIP: If it's not your answer to this question, please click "Leave a Comment" button under the question to communicate with the question owner.

Categories