If double stranded dna is 34 percent guanine what percent is thymine?

jajjr77
Asked Jan 28, 2010
simple math, DNA is equal parts guanine and cytosine and equal parts adenine and thymine. if it is 34% guanine then it is also 34%cytosine. between the two is 68% of your DNA so the remaining 32% is divided equally between the adenine and thymine.

so... 34% guanine, 34% cytosine, 16% thymine and 16% adenine. since you posted this january of last year I doubt you'll still be interested in this though.

*that is in theory anyway, if you actually checked every nucleotide the numbers would be slightly off due to mutations and damage and other bad things.
Shadow0121
Answered Jun 20, 2011
Edited Jun 20, 2011

TIP: If it's not your answer to this question, please click "Leave a Comment" button under the question to communicate with the question owner.

Categories