Easement asked by town for storm drain. Can we refuse?

Our neighbor contacted the town we live in and asked for a stormwater drain to be installed 10' over on our property line. Can we refuse the easment and what are our options? Please help! Thank you!
Asked Nov 23, 2009
Of course you can refuse, contact your town council for further information to be a 100% sure.
To the best of my knowledge only the property owner can allow an undertaking like this to go ahead.
Compensation will be applied to your situation otherwise.

Hope that helps. :]
Answered Nov 23, 2009
Keefe Plumbing Company, Inc. provides the very best plumbing services with 24 hour emergency services in Chattanooga at the most affordable prices. Visit http://www.keefeplumbing.com/ or call 423-622-3178 now for more details.
Answered Oct 16, 2018

TIP: If it's not your answer to this question, please click "Leave a Comment" button under the question to communicate with the question owner.